After 38 years as a portraitist and wedding photographer, I have journeyed to a new place...my version of Impressionism. Always using my fine art background, I have transitioned to creating scenes of nature.
The attraction I have always felt for the work of the Impressionists has just kept drawing me in, and given me impetus to create photographs in their style. Seeing a vision before I snap the shutter, I transform my photographs into Plein Air style images using Photoshop.
This tool gives me a whole wonderful world of creativity. The beauty of a brush stroke, of color saturated, of edges and glorious tones, inspires me to create Photographic Impressionism. For if you enjoy them as I do, you are welcome to contact me about commissioning work for your specific décor, tastes, needs, or simply tell me what size you want of what you see on these pages. Let’s have a conversation.
A favorite quote:
“To my mind, a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful, and pretty, yes pretty! There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is, without creating still more of them.”
It comes as a thrill to be winning awards with my art. I try to have pieces displayed in local galleries at all times. These include:
- International Exhibition of Photography, San Diego County Fair
- Herbert B. Turner Gallery
- City of Carlsbad - Cultural Arts - Deedie's House
- Front Porch Gallery - 2016 Juried Exhibition (list of artists)
- Front Porch Gallery - The Six-Word Story
- Mission Trails Regional Park
- Carlsbad Oceanside Art League
- Encinitas Library North County Photographic Society Show
- Carmel Valley Library
- Carlsbad City Library Cannon Gallery
- 12th Annual Solana Beach Library McNeil Sargent Art Exhibit
- The Gallery at Villa Musica
- The Brandon Gallery
- The Gallery at La Vida Del Mar
- Sargent Art Group: AGE OF WISDOM
If you would like to be on an email list to be invited to upcoming shows, please contact me.
I have taught workshops at
- Art Camp 4 Grown-ups/Art Groove
- Camp de Benneville Pines
- George's Camera
- San Diego County Fair International Exhibition of Photography
I am a member of
- Women in Creative Photography - President
- Art Groove - Co-Dean of Education
- Sargent Art Group
- North County Photographic Society
- Coastal Artists
Past member of
- Professional Photographers of America
- Professional Photographers of California
- Professional Photographers of San Diego County
I live in Carlsbad, California, with my husband and two cats. Our twin boys are the light of our lives. Life is Sweet. And one day we will all drive electric cars.